SEND Provision at Tolleshunt D’Arcy St. Nicholas Primary Academy
Tolleshunt D’Arcy St. Nicholas Primary Academy is committed to providing an appropriate and high quality education to all the children living in our local area. We believe that all children, including those identified as having special educational needs have a common entitlement to a broad and balanced academic and social curriculum, which is accessible to them, and to be fully included in all aspects of school life.
We believe that all children should be equally valued in school. We will strive to eliminate prejudice and discrimination and to develop an environment where all children can flourish and feel safe.
Tolleshunt D’Arcy St. Nicholas Primary Academy is committed to inclusion. Part of the school’s strategic planning for improvement is to develop cultures, policies and practices that include all learners. We aim to engender a sense of community and belonging, and to offer new opportunities to learners who may have experienced previous difficulties.
This does not mean that we will treat all learners in the same way, but that we will respond to learners in ways which take account of their varied life experiences and needs.
We believe that educational inclusion is about equal opportunities for all learners, whatever their age, gender, ethnicity, impairment, attainment and background. We pay particular attention to the provision for and the achievement of different groups of learners:
- all genders
- minority ethnic and faith groups, travellers, asylum seekers and refugees
- learners who need support to learn English as an additional language (EAL)
- learners with special educational needs
- learners who are disabled
- those who are gifted and talented
- those who are looked after by the local authority
- others such as those who are sick; those who are young carers; those who are in families under stress;
- any learners who are at risk of disaffection and exclusion
Full information can be found in the SEND Information Report in the Policy section of the website.