Today we made space shelters to survive in on our new planet (well small versions of them).
We came up with a criteria for our shelter:
- It had to stand on its own
- Be waterproof and fireproof
- Be bigger than a bed (so we could sleep) and taller than a person (so we could stand up)
- Use left over parts from our crashed rocket (straws and foil)
- Be easy to make by one person
We designed our shelter before checking the criteria. We realised that a lot of our designs had two storeys, and that one was probably enough.
After re-designing our shelter we started to make them.
Finally we evaluated our designs out of 10 for each criteria. Here are some of our evaluations with our final designs: